Sunday, February 20, 2011

Week 7 -- to May 17th 2002

Day 76: the Roach quickly drew a crowd of around 50 or so students. (Try again.)

One guy asked me to read Revelation 9 and give my interpretation. I did, explaining that I thought the 5th trumpet alludes to Apachee Attack Helicopters as Michael Rood postulates. He didn't agree at all and [... I ... ] said, "Well, I know one chapter we WILL both agree on!" I then began to read Revelation 19, describe the LAMB OF YAH DESCENDING DOWN TO EARTH, delivering judgement on those who would dare stand against Him. HALLELUYAH!

Should have let the man speak and share his interpretation of Revelation 9 to the audience. Then again, he did just that. It's a particular brand of motocycle from the early 1970s that is being described. Also, the term "resurrection" has been mistranslated through the ages, and what it's really saying is reincarnation. And, here's the kicker: he's the reincarnation of Jesus... motorcylcist from California. Anyway, everyone in the crowd basically got to hear this nugget which is as true as anything Daniel has had to say on the subject.

When I arrived, there was a large Indian tepee set up surrounded by photographs and pictures of Indians. Looked pretty pagan.
Pretty liberal definition of the word "pagan", eh.?

She said she had tried going to a large, charismatic church called City Bible Church, and was disgusted with the traditions of men that filled the place.
Hm... foreign in America, and doing some Church hopping.

Almost immediatly a VERY WICKED student approached me and the Roach VERY CLEARLY told me, "Do not look at this guy, do not talk to him. Keep preaching until he leaves." I obeyed.
Riiight. It was the Roach that did this.

Mark came up to try and get him away from me and did a pretty good job at doing so. Thank you SO MUCH Mark!
Giving him a great benefit of the doubt that he was somewhat violent-minded (and if he wasn't, he has just as much right to speak in the forum as Daniel does)-- Daniel never did thank anyone else who has done the exact same thing in the past. Why thank Mark and not them?

As I reached the beginning of Proverbs 12, the Roach again told me, "This student will be gone by the time you finish reading this chapter."
This "Power of the Roach" thing is pretty darned funny.

This evening, we had dinner with some Christian street preacher and his wife who had heard me preaching at PSU and were very interested in the Torah. We had a LONG discussion about Torah, and blah blah
I suspect it's a bit of out-reach on their parts to see if he can get back to "mainline radical Protestantism", but his account is likely correct on his part.

No comments: