Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Daniel contemplates his first PSU Preaching Stint

Originally posted at brojed.

1. "DJL/English dictionary."

Ladies and Gentlemen, I wish to introduce to you the FIRST Daniel J Lee/English dictionnary.

This interesting little feature will now enable you to see what Daniel and friends ARE ACTUALLY SAYING!!

Attend to this demonstration.

DJL: It has been tempting of late to grow rather discouraged with the 2+ years I spent faithfully preaching at Portland State University. From 2/2001 to mid 3/2003, I preached at PSU, never allowing my detractors to discourage me.

TRANSLATION: I am comming to terms with the idea that no one gives a rabbit's fart what I think down at PSU, even though I just ignored the fact some people were telling me this for years.

DJL: Now, looking back on those 2 years, I wonder at the results. My two pieces of fruit from that ministry, Mark Byram and Matthew Rolland, have now either rejected Messiah or passed into spiritual darkness. My only 2 pieces of fruit of shrivelled up, as it were and died.

TRANSLATION: Mark and Matthew finally figured out that I was not spiritual, but just suffering from a mental condition.

DJL: Still, I suppose I will never know the impact of my 2 year ministry at PSU until Judgement Day. There may have been those I affected for good that I will never know about.

TRANSLATION: On judgement day I will find out for sure if the success of my ministry was proportionate to the odds of the devil having sudden need to buy a snow-blower!!

DJL: Mark and Matthew may yet repent.

TRANSLATION: I may still squeeze a few bucks out of them to pay the bills while my lazy carcass procrastinates on finding a job.

DJL: Besides, even if no one does gain eternal life due to my labours, I consider my 2 years at PSU valuable training experience. I learned much about drawing crowds, contending with hecklers, defending Torah, YahShua, etc. I would never give up those 2 years for anything. I believe YahShua used them as much for my benefit as the benefit of any of my listeners.

TRANSLATION: I learned alot about being a freeloader, emotional manipulation, and just right about anything that may give me a hold on another person's life while lacking self-control upon me.

DJL: I do know I made a massive impact on the campus, as I was featured in numerous articles, publications and even made the local college radio station a few times.

TRANSLATION: ...As the butt-end of everybody's joke, and even almost made it as the spokesperson for "regularity without drugs".

DJL: HallaluYAH.

TRANSLATION: That line worked for most tele-evangelists, so why not me?

DJL: I write this for any other evangelical believers out there. Do not grow discouraged with your labours. Continue to fight the good fight. Even if you do not see the positive results, know that your faithful obediance to witness, evangelize and stand against wickedness in the public arena will not go unnoticed by Him who rewards those who diligently seek Him.

TRANSLATION: Just giving myself a spiritual kick in the butt so I may beg before a social worker to get welfare AGAIN!!

VOILA!! enjoy this new feature which WILL ACTIVATE EACH TIME THAT TWIT GETS ON THIS BOARD!!

BTW DANNY-BOY GAROULOU= THE PAGAN WOLF

No comments: